Green poo and ruffled feathers is it worms or coccidiosis

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by jane elizabeth, Aug 19, 2013.

1. jane elizabeth

jane elizabeth New Egg

Aug 4, 2013
    :(Not sure what it is no blood in poo but mum chicken has just hatched out some eggs I got of f the Internet . 1 chick survived the others she killed . Mum looking after this chick fine then she gets green poo and is all fluffed up chick seems ok at the moment. I have started worming just in case. Not. Sure if egg bound as hasn't payed an egg since going broody so not sure when she will start laying again . Any help appreciated as new to this.:) I am using medicated chick feed also

2. Eggcessive

Eggcessive Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    Broody hens won't lay eggs until about 2 weeks after their chicks get out on their own, so she will be out of commission for a while. Green poo is usually because of not eating while broody, so you need to give her some good chicken feed, and maybe feed her some eggs back to boost her nutrition. A bit of yogurt and putting ACV in the water will help her too.

3. jane elizabeth

jane elizabeth New Egg

Aug 4, 2013
    Thanks will try the egg will have to use supermarket ones as no one laying. I'm worming her at the moment along with the chick and the rest of the flock so don't think I can give it to her yet. I'm just monitoring her daily as I don't want to lose her or the chick.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by