Green Poo in baby turkey

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by newbie11, Jun 1, 2016.

1. newbie11

newbie11 Just Hatched

May 17, 2016
    Floyd, Va
    Ok, I've moved my little turkeys into the brooder but one of them has green poo today (it's day 2 in brooder)...I noticed that there also seems to be some dried poo on rear end. I used a Q-tip to wet it and get it all off....and lots more poop came out as I did this. It was white and yellow....now it's returned to the brooder and pooping green...should I be worried? This is my first hatch.

2. TurksPoultry

TurksPoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2016
    You should be very worried, that's Coccienda and you need to start a round of Corrid treatment immediately. You can buy Corrid or there's also an off brand slightly cheaper type both avalible at TSC.

3. TurksPoultry

Apr 13, 2016
    :hugs Newbie I'm glad you joined us for guidance! The fact u joined and posted may save their lives!

1 person likes this.
  4. newbie11

newbie11 Just Hatched

May 17, 2016
    Floyd, Va
    Thank you...so it's contagious?

5. TurksPoultry

Apr 13, 2016
    Your welcome. It is contagious, but I wouldn't attempt quarantine among just a few littles because they probly have all been affected. I'm sure there are quite a few threads made to discuss this issue, and if u use the site Search feature you can find Way more info than I can give you. Best of luck with your littles!

6. newbie11

newbie11 Just Hatched

May 17, 2016
    Floyd, Va
    Ok, I have the corid...how much do I give them? It only gives me directions for cows??

7. TurksPoultry

Apr 13, 2016
    Right it is a cattle med. U should give 'treatment doses' and I'm pretty sure it's one teaspoon per gal of water but research it, it's a very common issue. I've only had it twice but on both occasions that stuff makes the difference in life and death.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by