1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

green poop ~ still

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Dee Dee 2, Oct 22, 2013.

1. Dee Dee 2

Dee Dee 2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2012
    Tomball, Tx.
    6 mo. old Buff. Alert. eyes open . NO mites or parasites. NOT egg bound. Just sits ~ won't eat or dirink. Been this way for a week. Have in bath tub on towel and heating pad on low. Made her some corn bread last night and she ate about a Tbs. out of my hand. When I put water in front of her beak she drank about 3 sips. Not getting better but (?) seems not to be getting worse. Have been putting 1/8 tsp. of Duramycin-10 in her water ~ about 1 cup. Put poop under microscope ~ nothing ~ did a fecal float on green 'stuff' ~ nothing. I think she has an intestional 'bug' and needs something more than the Duramycin-10. Going to town in 2 hr. and could pick up something form T.S. . Any suggestions as to what ? and how much ? THANKS ~ THANKS ~ THANKS p.s. I keep my pens very clean and change water 2 ~ 3 times a day. Flys have been a real problem. Never seen them so bad. Put out 2 traps and 5 fly strips Sunday. (strips seem to work better than any thing I have used ~ cheap from $ store)

2. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Can she walk?

3. ten chicks

ten chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2013
    MB,Canada
    Have you checked her for impacted crop?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by