1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Green poop

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by copper2, Nov 6, 2015.

1. copper2

copper2 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2015
    Searching for Bigfoot
    I noticed my turkeys are having green poop, is this bad? They are free ranged, any ideas?

2. Free Spirit

Free Spirit The Chiarian

Oct 21, 2015
    NWA
    Green poop could simply be something they ate and perfectly normal. Maybe they have eaten a lot of grasses.

If you feel that this is not normal then...
    Is it possible to post a picture? What shade of green? Is it runny?

3. copper2

May 5, 2015
    Searching for Bigfoot
    No it's not runny, it has been raining and a bunch of seedlings have been popping up. I'll try to post a photo tomorrow.

4. Free Spirit

Free Spirit The Chiarian

Oct 21, 2015
    NWA
    This might help. It's a poop chart for chickens but much of it applies to turkeys. It will give you an idea of what is normal vs abnormal. You will notice a lot of normal green poops. If it looks yellow and frothy then there would be some concern for worms or blackhead.

http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=17568.0

5. copper2

May 5, 2015
    Searching for Bigfoot
    Thanks it looks like the green poops, I think their normal!

6. Free Spirit

Free Spirit The Chiarian

Oct 21, 2015
    NWA
    Poops can tell a lot about the health of a bird. It's very good that you took notice. They can change often depending on what they have eaten. I've seen my Ducks go from a normal poop one minute and dark green the next mainly because I gave them a helping of kale in between.

If you see a pattern of what may not be normal (i.e. always runny or foul smelling, etc) or a major color change that remains consistent, or just anything out of the ordinary. We are here to listen and advise you for proper care and treatment. I'm glad that today we can put your mind at ease. [​IMG] .

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by