Green poop,

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Parkourpeep, Dec 30, 2015.

1. Parkourpeep

Parkourpeep Out Of The Brooder

Oct 20, 2015
    Hello I have three pigeons two oriential frills and an Antwerp, they live with sixteen chickens that all do well together, the male frill as far as I've observed has liquid green poop, it's so green it looks radioactive, he still drinks, flys, eats, and courts his mate, but whenever not doing anything he sits in a puffed position, maybe he's just cold as it is winter, but does anyone have advice about the green poop?

2. Ameraucanas

Ameraucanas Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2015
    That is really weird. Is it sulfur colored? If it is, then they might have Blackhead, but I would look more into it if I were you.

3. Eggcessive

Eggcessive True BYC Addict Premium Member

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    Green droppings can sometimes indicate not eating enough or starving. Sometimes it can also indicate foods that have been eaten, such as greens. I'm not familiar with pigeons, but maybe others can chime in.

4. Lady of McCamley

Lady of McCamley Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2011
    NW Oregon
    I agree you need to check into this. A bird sitting puffed is never a good sign, neither is runny bright green poo.

You need to connect with pigeon experts as what ails a pigeon will be different to what ails a chicken.

LofMc

5. Eggcessive

Eggcessive True BYC Addict Premium Member

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
  6. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    Interesting... I also have a couple of pigeons with green droppings. Thanks for the links.

-Kathy

7. Parkourpeep

Parkourpeep Out Of The Brooder

Oct 20, 2015
    One more question, would any of these items help the pigeon in any ways? Corks aprolium 20% powder,poultry aid Vetrx, some Terramycin (last resort), some goat wormer (for chicken use mostly) and a small container of vitamins and electrytes,

8. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop

Amprolium won't hurt, but i think you aren't supposed to give it with vitamins.

What wormer do you have?

What Terramycin do you have?

-Kathy

9. Ameraucanas

Ameraucanas Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2015
    I agree.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by