Green Urates - should I worry?

FurFeathersFun

Hatching
Dec 27, 2020
10 month old EE passing bright yellow-green urates today. What does this mean and should I be worried? What should I do? She is acting fine and laid a cute blue egg today but this did not look right.

Can you post pictures of the droppings? Does she have any enlargement of her lower belly betwwen her legs? Yellow urates can be a sign of a liver problem.

10 month old EE passing bright yellow-green urates today. What does this mean and should I be worried? What should I do? She is acting fine and laid a cute blue egg today but this did not look right.
*`~Maby a nice picture of it would be great~`* 🐥
D7450BB0-F3AC-4FA1-A780-DF2A36AF4779.jpeg

QUOTED from google."If your hens free-range and have a diet high in grass, weeds and leafy green treats, you may find that green poop is 'normal' for your flock. In hot weather, don't be surprised to find your chickens passing watery poo as they increase their water intake to help them cool down". Nothing to be worried about :) 🐥

Last edited:
If your hens free-range and have a diet high in grass, weeds and leafy green treats, you may find that green poop is 'normal' for your flock. In hot weather, don't be surprised to find your chickens passing watery poo as they increase their water intake to help them cool down. Nothing to be worried about :) 🐥
I read - and have witnessed - a color change in the poop that coincides with diet but this brightly-colored urea had me concerned. Also, her sibling died unexpectedly in her nest about 4 weeks ago. Now I am super paranoid about everything!

Should I have her checked out by a vet?

I read - and have witnessed - a color change in the poop that coincides with diet but this brightly-colored urea had me concerned. Also, her sibling died unexpectedly in her nest about 4 weeks ago. Now I am super paranoid about everything!

You know what take her to the vet i think its a good idea! Because we cant find out whats going on. Only a professional doctor could! yes take her to the vet! 🐥

I should also mention that there was no diet change, including an uptick in greens. Also, her other “girlfriend” had no changes in her stool. Poor thing. I couldn’t take losing another one.

Welcome to BYC. If a vet is an option that would be best. Urates that color is never normal and could mean many things. Do you have a food scale you can weigh her on?

Back
Top Bottom