Greenish poop, stopped laying

Calirobot

Hatching
May 5, 2020
Our 6 month old hen hasn’t laid for about 5 days now. She just started laying a few weeks ago, and we haven’t had any in awhile. She also has some greenish poop (pic below). They get to roam the backyard for about 1-2 hours a day, so I’m not sure that she’s eating enough green for that to be the issue, but I’m new to this so I don’t know. She’s otherwise acting perfectly normal. Any idea what could be the issue?

5C2E52DD-0B00-4665-9B7E-CE3CDAC9D53E.jpeg

Wyorp Rock

Blessed
Premium Feather Member
Sep 20, 2015
Southern N.C. Mountains
Our 6 month old hen hasn’t laid for about 5 days now. She just started laying a few weeks ago, and we haven’t had any in awhile. She also has some greenish poop (pic below). They get to roam the backyard for about 1-2 hours a day, so I’m not sure that she’s eating enough green for that to be the issue, but I’m new to this so I don’t know. She’s otherwise acting perfectly normal. Any idea what could be the issue?

View attachment 2386491
Could be just something she ate since she's roaming around.
If she's acting normal - eating/drinking/active, then I would just monitor poop and see if that green is consistent or just a one time thing.

It's not uncommon for new layers to stop/take a break from laying eggs even though they just started.

Look at the whole picture - behavior, plus what goes in and comes out. Acting normal, likely she's just fine.

Calirobot

Hatching
May 5, 2020
Following up on this. We still have no eggs and still greenish poop, although it's not as bright (see pic from this morning). So going on a couple weeks now. We did more reading and thought she might have a respiratory infection (the coop had a terrible ammonia smell - it's since been cleaned and we're monitoring it better), so we gave her tylan50 for 4 days - day before yesterday was her last dose. She still seems somewhat normal, but her comb is a little pale, she's sometimes not as "quick" as the others. But her crop is filling up at night and empty in the morning. No signs of distress at her vent. They still range for about an hour, but she's not constantly scrounging like the others...sometimes she'll just find a place and lay down.

I hate this worrying and not knowing if there is something wrong!

Attachments

Top Bottom