Greens and Meal Worms

HennyPenny Chic

Hatching
7 Years
Feb 16, 2012
My husband and I are feeding the chicks an extra treat, meal worms and greens. It's so fun to watch them attack these little treats and run from each other to enjoy the treat that's hanging from their beak. They are so fastening! Coming from being a city girl, it's exciting to be kind of a country girl! I'm looking forward to our fresh eggs from our hens in the near future. It's worth it!

We got the dried package of meal worms at Wallmart, and the greens we have been giving them are volunteer pea shoots springing up in the garden and believe it or not we still have beets in the garden from last year.... still delicious, so I have been giving them beet greens. one of these days I am going to try collards and swiss chard on the little girls.

BTW: This is HennyPenny's Hubby :)

Just make sure you are giving them chick grit. They need this to grind up the treats. Also remember that treats should be less than 10% of their food intake. They need to eat mainly the chick starter feed. It is a balanced diet formulated for their age.

Back
Top Bottom