Greenville, SC

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by masanders, Jun 22, 2016.

1. masanders

masanders Out Of The Brooder

Jun 20, 2016
    Hello all! My mom has always wanted to raise her own chicken for the eggs. She is 69 and can't really do much for them, so I'm the backyard chicken farmer in her stead.

We have 6 ISA Browns who are several months away from laying age. I didn't think I'd like it, but I'm loving seeing these ladies grow!

2. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join us here! Chickens sure do have a way of creeping into your affections! I was just the same and never thought I would enjoy then but how wrong was I. Once I got going there really was no stopping me. Good luck with getting some eggs soon. It sure is great when you find those little treasures in the nest box.

Wishing you the very best of luck for the future. Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

3. Athaid

Athaid Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi there, Welcome to BYC! I'm sure you're going to love it here :D cya around.

4. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello there and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

Most people have no idea just how fun chickens really are! They sure have a way of getting into our hearts.

Make yourself at home here and if you have any questions about them, be sure and ask.

Welcome to our roost! :)

5. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Welcome to BYC [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Glad you joined the BYC flock

7. Jucodeo

Jucodeo The Sky is Falling!

Jun 15, 2016
    Hey there @masanders and as a member of BYC I would love to say [​IMG].

Well that is greeat to hear that your mother is allowing you to take care of her chickens. My flock has a few that are a few months from laying to but it sure is fun to watch them. I like to see them as having kids. It is just like having a baby you have to take care of the and watch them and "tuck them in". I am sure your ISA Browns are very adorable and I would love to see some pics of them. If you do not mind our Family Life forum would be a great place if you do not mind posting pictures there on your free time https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/40/family-life-stories-pictures-updates I hope you are enjoying BYC and if you ever need anything feel free to ask because we are always available to help you!
    Justin [​IMG]

8. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by