Feedback Greeters... SO PROUD!!

Discussion in 'Announcements, Feedback, Issues, & Guides' started by Nifty-Chicken, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator

I just want to say how crazy proud / happy I am to go to the new-member introduction section and see every single introduction (even when sorting by start-date) has a bunch of replies!

This may not seem like a big deal, but feeling welcome when joining a new group makes ALL the difference in the world!

Thanks to all those that help welcome our new members, especially those that reply with custom messages and questions!!!

:bow:bow:bow

2. oldhenlikesdogs

oldhenlikesdogs Making Coffee

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    :woot , good job greeters.

3. Nifty-Chicken

4. CapricornFarm

CapricornFarm Merry Christmas!

May 8, 2017
    Southern Virginia
    I haven't looked at in a while, but does it have a spot for the persons location? Some people have issues and knowing their location would help in many cases.

5. Nifty-Chicken

We allow peeps to put that in their profile, so hopefully they will update the info there. (if they choose to)

007Sean, TwoCrows, adrikeen and 4 others like this.
  6. staceyj

staceyj Enabler

Jan 1, 2017
    Coastal NC
    My Coop
    :frowHi Nifty,

I’d like to see a question about the geographic location of the new member right off the bat.

If it would be rude to ask:

Dude/Dudette! Where you at?

You could say something like:

What challenges do you anticipate in providing protection from the type of weather your geographical location poses?

Some people mention it in their introduction.
    I can understand that for certain situations, or in the case of a youngster signing on as a member, a location may not be something they (or their parents) want to share.
    Having said that, especially in the case of a new /newish member who is suddenly facing the stress of a timely emergency, there are many times when already having that info would be helpful.

I think a lot of the daily users here, even if they don’t post a hello, maybe because they see there’s already three pages of greetings, (that would be me sometimes when I’m dashing out the door :oops:)
    at least read the new member’s post.
    Narrative details like that, tend to stick comprehensively and that might be helpful down the line.

7. staceyj

staceyj Enabler

Jan 1, 2017
    Coastal NC
    My Coop
    Cappy!
    You must have been thinking my brainwaves!

8. staceyj

staceyj Enabler

Jan 1, 2017
    Coastal NC
    My Coop
    Disregard my suggestion.
    But :frowhi Nifty still.

9. HuffleClaw

HuffleClaw -Contemplating-

Jul 8, 2018
    Alabama ♥️
    My Coop
    I absolutely LOVE greeting new members each day! It makes my heart happy to see and here all the heartwarming stories most of them have to share!

10. Farmer Connie

Farmer Connie All My Friends Have Hoofs

Feb 28, 2017
    Florida Peninsula
    My Coop

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: