Greeting From South GA

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by NanasChicks67, Mar 21, 2013.

1. NanasChicks67

NanasChicks67 New Egg

Mar 21, 2013
    Hey all you "Chicks" My friend Terri has been telling me for ayear now how great this site is and she is right! ;o)
    so when we moved last fall my flock that moved with us was decimated by either the landlords sneaky dogs or a sneaky red fox, not sure which but either way the result was the same, what was a happy and productive flock of 8 lovely ladies, soon became 2 fairly wary ladies. . . so this morning my hubby calls me to tell me that he had succumed to the charm of the cute little bitties in the feed store and we now had 9 new additions, two of which are apprently guinea fowl. . . not sure about those, so I ran back across the BYC site and thought to make my friend happy I had joined. When I called her last week to wish her happy B-Day she had two ducklings swimming in her bathtub. . . Silly woman, said I, what shall you do when you need to take a shower. . . lol
    Anyway Howdy all and looking forward to exploring the site this afternoon.
    TTFN
    ~S

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, NanasChicks67, and [​IMG]! Great to have you here! Lots of folks can't resist chicks when they see them in the feed store! Make sure you stop by the following threads for some great advice. Good luck and have fun!!

The Learning Center will give you all the knowledge you need for the care and upkeep of chickens:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/

The Baby Chicks thread is a Q & A but reading old threads gives you lots of info:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/11/raising-baby-chicks

Finally, the Guinea Fowl forum has experts that can answer any question you might have:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/45/guinea-fowl

1 person likes this.
  3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

4. liz9910

liz9910 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2012
    Northern California
    [​IMG]
    my local feed store has Guineas too but I live in town so that wouldn't go well.

5. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Welcome to BYC!! [​IMG] Glad you joined us!! [​IMG]

6. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

7. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Hello and welcome to BYC [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

8. Carcajou

Carcajou Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2012
    Delhi, New York
    [​IMG]

9. Conchis

Conchis Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2012
    Georgia
    Welcome to the forum. I'm in what they call South Georgia as well, although for the life of me I don't understand why! You're going to love those guinea fowl when they start alarming...hehehe...but they are supposed to help with keeping the ticks and fleas down.

10. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by