Greetings all!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by litteralfamily, Mar 4, 2017.

1. litteralfamily

litteralfamily New Egg

Mar 4, 2017
    We were small farm egg producers (25 laying hens) in Ohio, but moved to ND 4 years ago and every year especially at this time of year, we get chicken itch again.
    So now I ask you, where can we get hatching eggs shipped from in North Dakota? I'm having a hard time finding ND State approved hatcheries.
    I am searching for hatching eggs, chicks, pullets or laying hens from the following breeds; Leghorns, Red Sex Links, Marans, Aracaunas, Easter Eggers, Olive Egger, Old English Game Bantams and Welsummmers. If you have or know of a source that may have these somewhat close to western ND, could you please let me know? Thank you all! I'm excited about this group!

Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
  2. N F C

N F C got coffee? Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

BYC has a buy-sell-trade forum where you can find fertile eggs and everything else. If you don't see what you want right away, keep checking back as things come & go from there often.
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/67/buy-sell-trade

Have you found your state thread yet? There's a list of them on that link at the bottom of my post.

Good luck finding the eggs you want, it's hard to go without chickens once you have them.

1 person likes this.
  3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    1 person likes this.
  4. whoop whoop

whoop whoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2015
    Rainbow Nation
    Welcome to BYC looks like you have good advice from N F C and redsoxs good luck

1 person likes this.
  5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under litteralfamily [​IMG] Welcome!

Sorry, living in Aus I can not help you with your search but wish you all the best.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by