Greetings and Salutations!!

featheredheart

In the Brooder
Jul 5, 2016
Yucca Valley, CA
Hey everyone, I'm Jennefer, and I'm here to learn as much as possible. I'm a new chicken mom... I have five hens (I hope), three of them are about seven weeks old (a buff Orpington, an EE, and an I'm not sure what breed with scissor beak) and two who are 3-4 weeks old (an EE and a black laced golden Wyandotte). They're all spoiled and treated as feathered family members. In fact, they're all in my house in a giant dog cage/kennel, due to extreme temperatures (110 and up). I'm a huge chicken advocate and would like to some day rescue. This is my little baby with scissor beak: not sure what breed! The feed store called her an ameraucana but I'm not sure!

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Aww...what a sweet heart! I am not sure of the breed, but you can post her picture in our What Breed and Gender section of our forums for help with an ID... https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/15/what-breed-or-gender-is-this

You might also stop by this thread on Crossbeaks for help, support and more understanding of the needs of your precious baby... https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...-for-special-needs-chickens-and-their-keepers

Great to have you aboard! Good luck with this sweet pea! And welcome to our flock! :)

Aw thank you
2764.png
2764.png
2764.png
She is my little princess, she's the goofiest, sweetest bird ever. She may even wind up as a house bird lol. Her name is Esther
1f642.png
I'll definitely check out the other threads too. Meanwhile, here's another pic of her:

She does have quite a crossbeak and they do tend to get worse with maturity. Maybe you have a vet that could do a little corrective trimming now and then which may make it easier for her to eat.

I have had her beak trimmed, I have an amazing avian vet
1f60a.png
He actually referred me to a vet he knows who apparently does a surgery to correct cross beak. I'm getting all the information tomorrow so we can get more information and see if she's a candidate.

I have had her beak trimmed, I have an amazing avian vet
1f60a.png
He actually referred me to a vet he knows who apparently does a surgery to correct cross beak. I'm getting all the information tomorrow so we can get more information and see if she's a candidate.
Oh wow that's great! She is so adorable! Thanks for joining us and
welcome-byc.gif
!

Back
Top Bottom