Greetings form Central Texas!

Anujin

In the Brooder
Jun 8, 2016
Hi new Chicken Friends!

After lurking for a few weeks I finally took the plunge and joined BYC. Y'all have been really helpful to me already!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
We are new to chickens! We live in an urban neighborhood where chickens are common, and after admiring our neighbors' flocks for several years we finally decided to get our own.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
We have 6 in our flock right now: 4 seven week old Speckled Sussex, 1 buff orpington and 1 Amercauna

(3) What breeds do you have?

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I'm a retired roller derby athlete who loves to read, spend time with my kids and volunteer with local animal rescue groups.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I've got three human kids, 2 rescued pitbull mixes and 2 cats. We foster bottle baby kittens and old pitbulls for our local shelter.

Thanks for having me!
Nora

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Congrats on finally taking the plunge into the chicken world! Chickens are so much fun to keep. They can be so affectionate, entertaining and they give you eggs!

You have some pretty breeds too. Those speckled sussexes are gorgeous!

Make yourself at home here and if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Welcome to our flock! :)

Hi Nora and welcome to BYC - glad that you have joined us.

You'll find lots of info in the Learning Centre
https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center, and if you have a specific topic in mind, just type it in the search box - there's a wealth of information on past and present threads.

You may wish to consider joining your state thread as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you

All the best
CT

Back
Top Bottom