Greetings from a new (a/k/a obsessed) chicken lady!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by RawhideChicks, Aug 30, 2016.

1. RawhideChicks

RawhideChicks Out Of The Brooder

Aug 30, 2016
    I've been reading posts for months -- long before I got my first chicks 15 weeks ago. My husband built me an amazing coop and run. We started with 3 each of Buff Orpingtons, Barred Rocks, and Black Australorps. One of the BAs turned out to be a roo so he's been rehomed. He was beautiful, but I just wasn't ready for a rooster yet. I love reading what everyone has done with their coops and all the great advice! Thanks from Alabama!

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Rawhide, and :welcome. Great to have you aboard. Happy you have found BYC helpful. Good luck to you and your flock!

3. BuffOrpington88

BuffOrpington88 Non-Stop

Mar 20, 2012
    Hi and welcome to BYC! Sounds like a fun flock! Thanks for joining us![​IMG]

4. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join us here! Great to hear you have found BYC so helpful, that really is fantastic news! It sure is a great place for learning all things chicken. Wishing you the very best of luck for the future and enjoy your time here on BYC :frow

5. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Welcome to BYC - great that you have joined us. I think that you made a wise choice with your little fella - I think that they are best left until one has more experience (based on my own over eagerness in the past).

You may wish to consider joining your state thread as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you

All the best
    CT

6. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Welcome to BYC! It's great to have you.

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Thank you for joining us at Backyard chickens. You have some really good breeds .

8. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by