Greetings from a newbie

msmindylee

Hatching
9 Years
Aug 13, 2010
Hi all, looking forward to meeting you and learning from you in this new endeavor.

My husband and I are so new at this we don't even have our chickens yet, haha. But we are setting up the henhouse/coop and should have our girls in the next few days or so.

Let's see, me in 25 words or fewer... not possible! But I'll try to keep it brief... I'm originally from the San Francisco Bay Area, my husband is from New England but moved to SF in 1980. In 1998, we decided we were sick and tired of living in the City and not being able to afford to buy a home (even though we were making pretty decent money) so we did a little investigating and ended up in Nevada County, gold rush country. We now live in a decidedly rural area with a little bit of land - as much or more than we need. We have no human kids, but over the years we've assembled two dogs, two cats, and six goats - and now we're planning to add a couple of hens to the assembled masses.

I work in a community college library, and my husband is in sales. In my spare time (when there is any) I enjoy performing in community theatre, singing a cappella music, doing beadwork, watching movies, cheering on the San Jose Sharks hockey team, cooking, and exercising, not necessarily in that order.

So nice to find this group. Can't wait to get into this fun with the feathered ones!

~msmindylee

welcome-byc.gif
from Pride, La.

Missi

Welcome welcome!

It sounds like we have quite a bit in common! My husband and I are just starting the whole chicken thing, and we are clearing out a coop this very day. I have found so much help on this site, and I can't wait to get started. I do have one human baby
smile.png
A little girl named Autumn, who is 10 months old. We also have a pug pup, a bird, fish and can't wait to start chickies! We live on a three acre plot in NH, and we are so happy we are blessed with such a nice place!

See you out there!!!

Back
Top Bottom