Greetings from an expecting chickie-mama ;-)

DreasGirls

In the Brooder
Feb 19, 2019
Greetings from an expecting chickie-mama ;-)

This is not my first chicken-rodeo, although I don't recall the details of my last go-round in '04-'07. I had ordered 2 dozen Salmon Faverolles through the mail and don't know how they all made it with such little attention to detail. I ended up with 13/13 and sent the boys off to boys camp and enjoyed my 13 girls until I was forced to move and give them up :'-(
Fast forward to the present and I have a collective 30 chicks expected between March 12-17th.
From the Hatchery: (3)Salmon Faverolles, (3)Gold Wyandottes, (3)Barnevelders, (5)Welsummers, (3)Buff Brahma, (3)Silver-Gray Dorking - all pullets, hopefully.
Established Local Breeder: (4)Cream Legbar pullets
New Local Breeder: (3) Blue Orpingtons, (3) EE, (2) Sussex - all straight run.
Oops.... that's 32, isn't it :-O
Four will go to a friend, so if my math is correct... I'll need two more to round it back to 30 :-D
I expect roughly 5-7 roos, if I'm lucky.
I chose mainly what I believe to be a good balance of sweet personalities with good health, beauty, decent egg production and pretty cool looking eggs.

I'm really looking forward to being part of the relationships within my flock. I'm also committed to an organic and holistic path.

The bonus is that my chickadees will share space with my beloved horses and the only way it could get any better is to have them all at home rather than at my rented barn. I am, however, eternally grateful to the owner of the wonderful barn that I am able to rent.

It's was such a stroke of luck to also stumble across BYC is my travels on the internet.

TIA, 'Drea

Welcome to BYC :frow:welcome
60A3A7EC-FEB8-46F2-AD60-AB3230CF0480.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom