Greetings from Central Maine!

cowslayeggs

Hatching
Nov 17, 2016
Hello BYC community! I have been wanting chickens for the last few years and after moving this fall to our new home, it looks like it will finally be able to happen! Chicks will be arriving this spring just in time for my birthday!! Can't think of a better way to celebrate turning 35. I have my husband and father working on brooder and coop plans from my many sketches and Pinterest posts. I'm planning a mixed flock of Black Giants, Barred Rocks, Wyandottes, Sussex and Welsummers (anyone want to weigh in with their thoughts on these breeds, feel free). I've been reading everything I can get my hands on and have several great reference books (Gail Damerow is my guru) on standby but am looking forward to having BYC's extensive community as a place to turn to for support/advice when needed!!

Hello
frow.gif
and Welcome to BYC!

So glad you joined! I can't think of any better birthday present :)! Barred Rocks and Wyandottes are two of my personal favorite breeds! I suggest you stopping by the learning center (if you have not done so already) for helpful articles: https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center . You can also stop by the Maine thread to meet fellow members who live in your state: Maine . If you have any questions feel free to ask!

Here are a few pictures of my Silver Laced Wyandotte girls (Badger and Jay)

and this is my old rooster Robin Hood (he ended up in the stew pot because because he didn't along with his brother)

welcome-byc.gif

Good for you on doing your homework first! And having the brooder & coop ready will be a great help. Spring will be here before you know it and you'll have a great time with the chicks you've selected.

Best of luck to you and thanks for joining us!

Back
Top Bottom