Greetings from Central Pennsylvania

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by chckncrazee, Aug 1, 2011.

1. chckncrazee

chckncrazee New Egg

Jul 29, 2011
    Hey All. I have been a lurker to the forum for quit some time as I tried to learn all there is to know about chickens. Now, I have decided to join and become a member so Hello!

I've had chickens now since May-so not too long.

There are quite a few varieties in my coop. 4 black cochins "Gladys Night and the Pips" but I think Glayds is a roo lol (still trying to figure out whos the roosters and whos the pullets-I think it's two and two). I have a very big grey Cochin named Fancy (my husband calls her Godzilla) and a young white cochin named Big Bird. Three BW polish crested-Tina, Ike and Muff. 2 young buff orpingtons-Mamma and Jamma. 4 young cuckoo marans-still trying to figure out their sex as well-(I think it's two and two again). 2 1 year old leg horns-Foghorn and Leghorn. 1 beautiful rooster named Sully-when I can post pictures, I hope someone can tell me what kind he is. 2 white silkies-Charlie and Stella (Charlie is soooo sweet). And 2 young guineas-one pearled and one pied pearled-no names yet.

They have a great big double roomed coop and a 20 foot run that we built from an out house and kept on adding.

I have lots of questions that I can't wait to ask and am excited to learn more. In fact, just last night, I learned about Mille Fleur Cochins-I would love to have one!

Thanks!
    Michele:D

2. Leia's Chickens

Leia's Chickens A Sunkissed Delight

Jun 20, 2010
    Oklahoma!
    [​IMG] from Oklahoma Michele! [​IMG]

3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    [​IMG] from Kansas! You've come to the right place for chicken wisdom! [​IMG]

4. TheJuan-n-Only

TheJuan-n-Only Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2010
    Tampa
    [​IMG] from Tampa FLA

5. Skitz

Skitz Skitz15k

Nov 11, 2008
    Texas
    Welcome to BYC!

6. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    [​IMG] Hi and welcome to BYC! I love Mille fleur Cochins too, but I bet they are hard to find. I'm new at chicken raising too, and I love every minute I spend with my girls. It's nice to meet you.

7. wava1vaughn

wava1vaughn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2011
    Cairo Ga.
    Hi from Ga.

[​IMG]

Welcome aboard.

8. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

From Washington state welcome, WELCOME!!!!

9. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

10. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by