Greetings from Djibouti Africa

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by FrogiesChicks, Feb 7, 2014.

1. FrogiesChicks

FrogiesChicks Out Of The Brooder

Feb 6, 2014
    Hello!! Thanks to everyone who sent me such warm greetings when I submitted my "New Member Introductions." I hope I am in the right place to send threads out. I am currently deployed in Djibouti Africa until June. But since I have been here, I have been spending countless hours studying due to my classes and doing research for my new farm life. I even purchases 6 acres of land high in the Rocky Mountains of Alamosa, CO. So I am supper excited about that. I was hoping to meet some fellow BackYardies that are in Colorado or in the Alamosa area that can give me a few pointers about raising Chickens in the that part of the region.

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    If you go to "where am I, where are you," in the social forum, you can locate and post on your state thread. You should be able to meet many backyard chickeners through that - hopefully they will be able to fill you in on how to handle the climate, best breeds etc. for the area.

All I know about Colorado is it seems to have wide temperature fluctuations often in the same day. Tons of snow one day and 80's the next .Even more erratic than the weather in the Midwest.

Thank you for your years in service, hope Colorado will be a good fit for you.

Actually you can start a new thread or post on an existing thread the same way you have done this. Generally people pick a forum they believe their interests or questions would be best served. If you had coop building problems you would want to post there, to get the quickest response.

If you don't know where your topic or question would belong - sooner or later a moderator will move you to the correct platform. Or you could pm any of the moderators and ask their advice in advance.

Hope this makes some sense, it's past my bedtime so I'll be checking out shortly.

3. gander007

gander007 Chicken Obsessed

Alright 6 acres sounds like fun high up in the mountains [​IMG]

4. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]We're glad to have you.

5. Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

6. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
  7. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC!

8. liz9910