Greetings from Georgia!

Acidanthris

Hatching
Mar 23, 2016
Winder, Georgia
Well, after lurking for about a month, I've finally joined. This is definitely an invaluable resource!

We are fairly new to all of this but are growing quickly. We inherited two hens and a rooster with our home, then added some more that needed a new family. Fresh eggs daily has been fun and rewarding. We were wanting to grow our flock, so we incubated 8 eggs, two of which hatched! We've also added 24 baby chicks and 6 ducklings to our home.

The babies are in the garage for now so we can watch over them carefully. The rest of the chickens wander our 7 acres and sleep in a stall in our barn that we converted to a coop.

This is turning into such a fun adventure! Hatching the two chicks has been so fun. They are named Uno and Song (Laotian for 2) and are spoiled rotten by our kids. We're just raising for eggs right now, mainly because we're too soft-hearted to slaughter any of our animals. I'm sure that would change in time of famine, but for now we love sharing our eggs with friends and family, and giving these priceless experiences to our children.

I look forward to getting to know you on here. Thanks for having this great forum!

Angela

Alright
welcome-byc.gif
great to have you joining the BYC flock
frow.gif

Sounds like you have a wonderful flock
D.gif

welcome-byc.gif

Chickens do have a way of multiplying, don't they? It's that old chicken math in action, lol.

You might enjoy 'meeting' some members from GA. You can find your state thread just by typing Georgia in the search box and it should pop up.

Have fun with all the chicken adventures!

Hi Angela and welcome to BYC - great to have you onboard with us. It seems that chicken maths has got you firmly in its grasp - good for you!
smile.png
I hope that you enjoy being a member as much as the rest of us.

All the best
CT

Back
Top Bottom