Greetings from Lafayette, TN!

Kiddienurse77

In the Brooder
Nov 18, 2017
Hi, I'm Michele and along with my hus and Chip have recently started our grand adventure of chicken farming!

We started with 6 babies straight run, Barred Rocks, within a week I convinced myself that all but one was a rooster! So sweet hubby says, go get 4 more , but marked pullets. So I happily went and got 4 ISA brown pullets (or so I thought lol) and yes, all from tractor supply, so buyer be ware . Now 2 1/2 months down the road, only one Barred Rock is a rooster, one is not a barred rock, but very pretty. (I will be posting a pic of her for thoughts on what she may be soon) AND none of the ISA Browns are ISA Browns and only 2 are pullets! So already been a learning experience, but also so much fun!
Looking forward to learning from all the seasoned chicken lovers!

welcome small.jpg

Welcome to BYC!:frow

There are tons of people here to help you if any problems arise! You just have to post on the correct forum and give a brief description of symptoms and a few pictures if necessary and you would be good to go! You can also make cute articles about your chickens and how they grow or something else not related to chickens! Have a great day!

G’Day from down under Michele :frow Welcome!

Yikes, you got bitten by the rooster bug bad! ;)

I do hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

Personally, I have found the Topic of the Week articles a great resource and a one stop shop for questions which may have already been discussed within the BYC membership group; including, Topic of the Week - Roosters, Yes or No?

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out ;)

Back
Top Bottom