Greetings from Montana!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by hound&hen, Mar 28, 2018.

1. hound&hen

hound&hen In the Brooder

Mar 28, 2018
    Northwest Montana
    Hi there! :frowI've been a silent follower of BYC for several months and decided to jump in and officially join! I'm a 100% newbie to the raising chickens scene, having relocated recently to our patch of rural, mountain-y loveliness here in NW Montana. I'm a city slicker by definition, having grown up and lived in medium to large sized cities my whole life..so....this is going to be an all new adventure for my husband and I.

My avatar photo is my best friends black copper Maran, Lucille, and I have her (and my best friend..haha!!) to thank for getting me hooked and taking the plunge myself!

We are in the process of building our coop now that we can finally see dirt again after a very long winter and will be starting with 12 chicks...a mix of a few different breeds, Buff Orpington, Gold laced Wyandotte, salmon faverolle and black Ameraucana to start!! I have read all about that chicken math!! ;) The little peeps will be arriving from Meyer Hatchery mid May.
    Looking forward to gathering more insight and learning from this great community!!

007Sean, Teila, Joeschooks and 4 others like this.
  2. MissNutmeg

MissNutmeg Crossing the Road

Jan 18, 2017
    Middle Earth
    My Coop
    Hi and welcome to BYC!! So glad you could join us!!! :ya

~Meg :D

3. Cyprus

Cyprus Master of the 'never give up' attitude

Jan 19, 2018
    SE Wisconsin
    My Coop
    Hello @hound&hen and :welcome We are so glad that you have decided to join our flock! :jumpy

Feel free to ask us any questions that you may have, we would be more than willing to help you.

4. penny1960

penny1960 Going back to La La Land

Dec 29, 2015
    Mossyrock, WA
    Welcome to Backyard chickens

5. angeldevil0271

angeldevil0271 Chirping

Mar 26, 2018
    Lakewood WA
    Welcome :welcome

6. Texas Kiki

Texas Kiki Egg Pusher

Jul 31, 2015
    Houston, TX
    My Coop
    007Sean and Joeschooks like this.
  7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years.

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Hound & Hen, where/what is your hound. Loads of dog people on here, me for one.
    Really would like to know.

007Sean and Joeschooks like this.
  8. TheGreenManFarm

TheGreenManFarm In the Brooder

Mar 8, 2018
    Big Sky love to ya my friend! I grew up in Missoula, then the Army took me far and away, but my heart is never far from where the mountains kiss the sky. Welcome to the group and good luck with that coop!

Foxslayer16, 007Sean and Joeschooks like this.
  9. Joeschooks

Joeschooks Just clucking around

Feb 7, 2018
    Hampshire, UK
    My Coop
    :frowHello. :welcome You’ve come to the right place! We’re all chicken mad here and there’s loads of friendly, knowledgeable members who will be pleased to help when needed or simply just chat about all things chicken :thumbsup

007Sean likes this.
  10. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams

G'Day from down under hound&hen :frow Welcome! Very exciting :clap

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

BYC has Topic of the Week discussions which I have found to be a great resource, informative and sometimes entertaining; so definitely worth checking out.

If you would like to share Pictures and Stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out ;)

You might want to also Find Your State Thread and pop in and say hello.

You may also be interested in these links:

007Sean likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: