1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Greetings from New Hampshire

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by flyingtnh, Sep 1, 2011.

1. flyingtnh

flyingtnh Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2011
    New Hampshire
    Well, 6 months into our new place here in New Hampshire during which I've been capitalizing on the awesome treasure trove of information, stories, and advice here on BYC, I figured it was finally time to jump into the fray.

We're hobby farmers with just under 15 (mostly wooded) acres. We free range our flock, with the help of an automatic door (thanks, BYC), and store-bought and home-made (thanks again, BYC) supplemental feeders/waterers. Currently, we have 5 Araucana mutts (started with 6, but a bit after 2 of our "pullets" started crowing, we sent one to a neighbor who had lost his rooster to a fox) and 6 RIRs. Another 15 Barred Rocks arrive next week, and we hope to build a sustainable dual-purpose flock (with the help of our broody ducks if necessary).

Keeping the chickens company are our Horses, Boer goats, Muskovy ducks, and a small flock of NMCs (noizenclamormakker mucknfeederhelpen cutenhumankinder). The latter two are free range also.

Thanks for all the help we've already received, and I hope to get involved further!

Pat
    Misadventure Director, Flying T Ranch

2. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    [​IMG] Hello and welcome to BYC!

3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    [​IMG] from Kansas, Pat! Glad you joined the fray!! Happy you found BYC so helpful [​IMG] - it is a great resource!! [​IMG]

4. Symphony

Symphony Vanilla, Little Airt Airt

[​IMG]

5. greymane

greymane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Snyder County, PA
    [​IMG] from the Finger Lakes of New York! Lots of great info here and your experiences will only add to the mix. So glad to have you here!

[​IMG]

6. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Louisiana!!

7. loanwizard

loanwizard Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome to BYC from Ohio!

8. aceschix

aceschix Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Welcome neighbor. I am also in NH. We have a NH thread if you would like to find us there. We also have a NH Chicken swap thread if you have interest there to.

I am in Claremont, where are you?

9. wava1vaughn

wava1vaughn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2011
    Cairo Ga.
    Hi from Ga.

[​IMG]

WELCOME ABOARD. [​IMG]

10. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG] [​IMG] from WA. glad you joined us [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by