Greetings from NY

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ouracrybaby, Jun 26, 2011.

1. ouracrybaby

ouracrybaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2011
    Wellsburg
    Hello everyone! My name's Mary and I am now the proud owner of a 6 week old bantam chick named Goliath. Gogo had a slipped tendon before he/she was a week old and it was never repaired, so long story short, the owner didn't want it, and now Goliath is livin' large in my home. I'm sure I will have a zillion questions and as soon as this place lets me, I will be posting a zillion pictures. Goliath shares a home with me, my daughter,18, my son 12, two cats and a dog. This is going to be one spoiled chicken. [​IMG]

2. dianaross77

dianaross77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2010
    Grand Blanc, MI
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Michigan! He won't be an only chicken for long. You'll succumb to the dark side soon enough!

3. discoveregg

discoveregg Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    Northern Idaho
    [​IMG] Hello and welcome from Northern California!

4. Desert Rooster

Desert Rooster El Gallo Del Desierto

Sep 4, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca
    Hello [​IMG] from Hesperia,CA and [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. whiteflare

whiteflare Out of the blue

Mar 13, 2011
    Sydney
    Hey Mary [​IMG]
    [​IMG] from Australia!
    Incidentally, I first got the experience of owning chickens when I was 12 too [​IMG]
    Goliath sounds like a right sweetheart. You thought of getting a chicken pal for him? Chickens are very social birds, we always get two each time we buy, so they'll have someone to peck around with [​IMG]
    Hope everything goes well for all of you! [​IMG] It's an exciting journey.

6. 3chimama

3chimama Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2010
    Pacific Northwest
    A big HELLO from the west coast!

7. ouracrybaby

Jun 21, 2011
    Wellsburg
    I would love to have a buddy for Goliath. Gogo doesn't get around very easily with only one good leg, so I'd have to find just the right bird. Also, here you have to purchase 6 or more chickens and I don't have that kind of space. Maybe I'll makes some calls and see if there's a farm that has a special buddy they can part with for him/her.

I take in orphaned baby animals quite often. That's how the whole chicken thing started to begin with. A friend from a local school had a chick who hatched with curled toes. I studied on here, took the little one in along with a buddy chick, and fixed the feet. Sent them to a local girl who raises chickens. Then i got a call about two more chicks from a different school. One had curled toes, the other had balance issues. I was able to fixed the curled toes, and sent him home, but I couldn't fix Nugget. Nugget was the one I was going to keep. A week or so later, I get a call about this bantam chick. From everything I read, it was a slipped tendon that had already swollen past fixing. I tried chick chairs, stretching, bandaging, but nothing worked. So, for a while I had two chicks, but poor Nugget passed away. He was definately born with some problems and I tried everything I could, but in the end I let him go. Now I'm back to one little baby who's owner didn't want back when she found out I couldn't fix it.

8. ouracrybaby

Jun 21, 2011
    Wellsburg
    Here's a "baby" pic of my Goliath...
    [​IMG]

9. ouracrybaby

Jun 21, 2011
    Wellsburg
    And here's his most recent pic taken last night. 6 weeks old...
    [​IMG]

10. ashleylancaster

ashleylancaster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2011
    ALABAMA
    THAT IS JUST TOO CUTE![​IMG] IM ASHLEY FROM ALABAMA. THIS IS THE PERFECT PLACE TO ASK JUST ABOUT ANY QUESTION!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by