Greetings from Ohio!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by countrymommy0807, Mar 8, 2011.

1. countrymommy0807

countrymommy0807 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 8, 2011
    Hi everyone. I am brand new to chickens and cant be more excited! We just bought 14 chicks and 2 ducklings from TSC last night. Not sure what all i got here but ill give it a shot, we have 8 partridge rock, 2 that are light yellow and reddish colored, 4 little bitties (assorted bantams) and 2 mallard ducklings. i cant wait to explore the site more and learn all i need cause im sure its in here somehwere! I am married with two children Carrie is 4 and Matthew is 2, we also have a kitten who is 5 months old. Just moved to the country this past fall it was our dream. Im so excited to feel like ive joined the ranks with my little chickie babies!

2. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

[​IMG] [​IMG] Hi there! Welcome to BYC. This is SUCH a great place to "meet" new friends, and there are many, many kind generous people who are willing to share their successes (and failures!) so we can all learn from them. You're going to love it here! Your group sounds very nice -- I wish you much success with your ventures! Hope to see you around the forum!

3. ghillie

ghillie Hen Pecked

Nov 13, 2008
    Colorado Springs, Co
    [​IMG]

4. wholehearted

wholehearted Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2011
    Ohio
    Welcome to BYC!! This is such a great place to learn! I am a newbie from Ohio as well. We are getting our chicks in late April and early May (meat birds and layers). Glad you are here and can't wait to hear more about your adventures with chickens!

5. babymakes6

babymakes6 Gifted

Feb 24, 2009
    far west Ohio
    [​IMG] neighbor! I am just west of Greenville. Did you get them from Greenville's TSC? I never knew them to get the bantams in! Now I need to get over there soon! When you have 10 posts you can give us a picture of your new babies! [​IMG]

6. AlienChick

AlienChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2010
    Glasgow, KY
    Welcome to BYC and congrats on your new chickies and your move to the country!

You'll enjoy your time here at BYC.

There's a ton of very valuable info here!!

[​IMG]

7. Pinky

Pinky Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2008
    South GA
    Hi and [​IMG] !

8. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

9. ThePigeonKid