Greetings from Ohio!

araeihrig

In the Brooder
5 Years
Nov 4, 2014
Trumbull County Ohio
Hey all! I have been checking out forums just browsing through the Internet and found a lot of good reading material. Since I am new to chickens I figured it would be a good idea to join. This is my young New Hampshire Red rooster.

Last edited:
Welcome to BYC! You've come to the right place for all things chicken, lol. That's a beautiful roo you have!

Thanks. I now have two of these guys. I got them from my inlaws. I got 7 sex link hens and a barred rock roo from someone at work. The barred rock and 3 of the hens have been processed.

I really want some buff Orpingtons. :)

Thanks. I now have two of these guys. I got them from my inlaws. I got 7 sex link hens and a barred rock roo from someone at work. The barred rock and 3 of the hens have been processed.

I really want some buff Orpingtons. :)
Welcome to BYC! Glad you decided to join our flock. You NH rooster is gorgeous and sex links are egg laying machines. You should get loads of egg from those 7 girls. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Are your sex links, Black Sex Links or Red Sex Links?

Welcome to BYC!  Glad you decided to join our flock. You NH rooster is gorgeous and sex links are egg laying machines. You should get loads of egg from those 7 girls. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have.  We are here to help in any way we can. Are your sex links, Black Sex Links or Red Sex Links?

They are red sex links. They are also 2 years old, so not too many eggs. I got them for free for food purposes. I do have 4 of the 7 left. They aren't very productive. I believe that is due to their age.

And thank you about my roo. That one is Mr. Roo. My other NHR roo is named stock pot. LOL

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom