Greetings from PA

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by PAchickensgalor, Feb 24, 2013.

1. PAchickensgalor

PAchickensgalor Out Of The Brooder

Feb 24, 2013
    Meadville, PA
    Hello everyone. I've been reading threads on BYC for several months and finally decided it was time to join. I have several difference breeds of chickens and find them to be so much fun.

Can anyone suggest any good threads on BYC?

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas and [​IMG]! Great to have you aboard. Looks like you'll fit right in around here with your passion for poultry. ALL the threads on BYC are good. Instead of recommending some, specifically, what are you looking to learn? Whatever it is, BYC is a great community! Good luck and have fun!

3. PAchickensgalor

Feb 24, 2013
    Meadville, PA
    Ok. I'll start with an easy question. How did you display your location under your Avatar?

4. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Hello and welcome to BYC [​IMG] If I look for specific information I usually either type keywords relating to the topic into the search bar above (just below the brown header) or look at the "sticky" threads, in blue, on top of each section. There is some great information in the sticky threads and the search bar helps me finding the most interesting threads and discussions quickly. Enjoy the site!

5. PAchickensgalor

Feb 24, 2013
    Meadville, PA
    How do you put the information on the bottom of your replies? I see a lot of people put a favorite quote or list the types of chickens, etc. they have.

6. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    O.K. I'll answer both questions here.
    1. Click on "My profile", top right of the brown header. You will see Edit Community Profile. Click on that and add your location and whatever info you'd like to share, like your website etc.
    2. Do the same as above. In your profile, when you scroll down past your recent activity etc. You will see your forum signature. You can edit your forum signature there. Note: Since you are a brand new member the system will not allow you do add a signature right now. But keep posting and participating and let the system "trust" you and you will be able to do that eventually.

1 person likes this.
  7. Welcome! [​IMG] It depends what thread you need like what qeustions you have. I do have a thread that has a good story about my hen! The thread is called ''My hen lays eggs on the indoor couch'' It is a funny/cute story!

8. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Welcome to BYC!! [​IMG] Glad you joined us!! [​IMG]

9. thasista

thasista Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2011
    KY
    My Coop
    Hi from Kentucky![​IMG]

10. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member