Greetings from Pennsylvania

BithellFarmsLLC

In the Brooder
May 30, 2017
Pennsylvania
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I grew up on a farm and we had chickens my entire life. I fed them and gathered eggs, but didn't get very interested until my husband and I got our own farm. Growing up my dad also raised pheasants, turkey, quail and a few peacock.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
I have four chickens and eleven guinea fowl. I am also *hoping* to hatch guinea fowl. My first hatch should be around June 12.

(3) What breeds do you have?

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
I first saw it through Google while searching for info about hatching guineas, and my friend Brandi recommended it.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I work full time, I farm when I am not at work and I enjoy barrel racing and raising Quarter Horses.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I married, we have one dog (Texas Heeler named Famous) and one cat (an orange stray we found named Rickie). I've got three Quarter Horses, RGS Cisco Kid, RGS Ladys Gingersnap and Wild N Wimpy. I love to barrel race and work on the farm we own.

I joined backyard chickens to learn more about hatching and raising guinea fowl. Thanks!

Welcome! If your father is still with us, pick his brain too!
He is around! He actually brooded my current chickens (along with additions to his flock) and my guineas. He gave me all of his hatching equipment and books, and gives me pointers!

I have my hatching room and brooder all set, so I can only hope I get a decent hatch rate with my first try!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
My family had chicks...and chickens when i was a baby and now i have chickens too....so I'm not really a newly to cooks! lol
(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
I have 7 hens!
(3) What breeds do you have?
Red hybrid or productive reds!
(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
Doing google searches lol!
(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I like going on BYC and being with my animals!
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I have three brothers and one sister! I have 1 budgie (Mickey), 1 button quail (Tiger..lol), Call duckling (Pippa), 2 Khaki campbells (Claudia and Caramel), 7 red hybrid hens (Queeny, Ruby, Amber, Scarlet, Ginger, Polly and Gabby! lol)!!!!

Yeah!!!

He is around! He actually brooded my current chickens (along with additions to his flock) and my guineas. He gave me all of his hatching equipment and books, and gives me pointers!

I have my hatching room and brooder all set, so I can only hope I get a decent hatch rate with my first try!
All of the advice you can get here on BYC will be incredibly valuable ... but nothing is like the advice of an experienced person hands on helping you with what you are doing in real life. Kudos to you and your dad!

Back
Top Bottom