Greetings from Roseville California!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by BohoHippieChick, Mar 29, 2015.

1. BohoHippieChick

BohoHippieChick Out Of The Brooder

Mar 29, 2015
    Namaste!
    My name is Melody.
    Mom to 4.
    JoJo 19, Damian 16, Harmony 9, Trinity 8. Happily married 9 years.

My husband and I just bought our first house & although we don't have alot of land we have a big ample backyard and are really wanting to learn everything we can about chickens so that we can bring 2 or 3 home to live with us if its possible.

Were both big animal lovers and someday hope to own a ranch. (or at least live on property large enough to have a few horses & other farm animals).

So yes I am an extreme newbie to chickens, a blank slate to the fullest. [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 29, 2015
  2. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

Hello Melody!
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to joined the BYC family. Oh! Yeah, one last thing, chickens are addictive! :lau

3. BohoHippieChick

Mar 29, 2015
    Thanks! Its great to be here. Ive been browsing a few hours already (in between packing & taking coffee breaks ofcourse) and i already find it addictive in here. Im sure youre right about the chickens being addictive as well. LOL!

4. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member Project Manager

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    [​IMG] So glad you have joined us.

If you can build a coop large enough I would recommend at least 3 or 4.

If you haven't already done so, you should investigate the learning center articles, there are quite a number to help you get started.

Please visit the coop and run forums to see what you will need to house a flock.

Feel free to ask questions. I hope your plans for your own Backyard Chickens becomes a reality. They are fascinating and fun.

5. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided join our flock. Raising chickens is a wonderful experience for children. My granddaughter (pictured in my avatar) loves our chickens. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck in getting your flock.

6. BohoHippieChick

Mar 29, 2015
    Thanks for the tip! I will go check those out thank you =)

7. BohoHippieChick

Mar 29, 2015
    Thanks so much! Yes I am really thinking my kids will benefit from the chickens as well. They are big animal lovers like their father and I so im hoping we can get alot of knowledge in the next few months so we can have the chickens move in by September.

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Nice to meet you Melody, glad you joined the Backyard chickens flock

9. BohoHippieChick

Mar 29, 2015
    Thank you, Nice to meet you too! Im very glad I joined as well.

10. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by