Greetings from SD!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by tootmany, Mar 14, 2018.

1. tootmany

tootmany Songster

Mar 14, 2018
    SD
    Hey there! I decided to finally join this site. I end up here so much that I figure I should just go for it. The community seems great.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
    Not new to chickens; have been learning about them for a few years and have raised a few

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
    No chickens of my own right now, looking for a nearby breeder/hatchery though!

(3) What breeds do you have?
    I've personally raised buff orp and americauna and have helped family with other breeds.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
    It's honestly a very popular site, all over the web!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
    I raise rabbits and love spending time with the dogs. Can't wait for spring to get back to the dog park. I do love some computer games, reading, writing, blogging, and learning about sustainable living.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
    Home is where the heart is. I've been building a beautiful family with way too many pets probably. Too many, but always the perfect amount. (and looking to add a feathery friend) Ask me about my pets and I could probably talk your ear off.

Plip, 007Sean and Teila like this.
  2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years.

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Nice to meet you Toot, so glad you joined us at Backyard chickens. We wouldn't mind at all if you talked our ears off, about your pets. We also love photos - hint!!

Meg-in-MT, Plip, 007Sean and 2 others like this.
  3. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams

G’Day from down under tootmany :frow Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

You might want to also Find Your State Thread and pop in and say hello.

BYC has a Learning Centre and also Topic of the Week discussions which I have found to be a great resource, informative and sometimes entertaining; so definitely worth checking out in preparation for your feathered friend(s).

As Diva hinted, if you would like to share Pictures and Stories of your critters, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out ;)

4. Pork Pie

Pork Pie Flockwit

Jan 30, 2015
    Hello and welcome to BYC :frow

5. 007Sean

007Sean Pheasant Whisperer

Oct 25, 2015
    South Central Texas
    Howdy:welcome:frow Happy:ya to have you join the family. Enjoy your time here at BYC! :)

Meg-in-MT, tootmany and Plip like this.
  6. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    :frow Yep, BYC is all over the web! Thanks for joining!

7. Plip

Plip Free Ranging

Apr 28, 2010
    NW Washington State
    Welcome to BYC! Glad to have you here!

Meg-in-MT, tootmany and 007Sean like this.
  8. tootmany

tootmany Songster

Mar 14, 2018
    SD
    Thanks for all the welcomes! Good to be here. My photos are a disorganized mess right now, but I'll be sure to share <3 Have a silly cat in the meantime. Her name is Mocha.
    Resized_20160727_164603.jpeg

007Sean likes this.
  9. Meg-in-MT

Meg-in-MT Free Ranging

Jan 29, 2018
    SW Montana
    Hello and welcome to BYC!!:frow

007Sean and tootmany like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: