Greetings from sunny California!

Tamtaminthebay

In the Brooder
8 Years
Nov 27, 2011
Peninsula, Bay Area, Ca
My name is tam, and I am a chicken-aholic.

I am not new to chickens at all! I grew up on a small farm with always at least ten rhode island red hens! But I have never had my own flock. I do not currently have any of my own chickens, as we currently live in an apartment.

We are buying our first house, and I am hoping to get a few hens to join our family!

I have two-and-a-half year old twins. (boy and girl). I have two indoor only cats and a great old cavalier king Charles spaniel mix dog. Oh and a husband!
smile.png

I am still researching chickens (beyond my tried and true), but am stuck on Easter eggers and barnefelders!
smile.png

Definitely looking forward to learning from everyone here! Thanks!!

Nice to meet you Tam, I'm new too.
smile.png
Hoping to have my own flock soon as well. Best of luck to you!!

tam,
Welcome to the BYC forum....

Best of luck with the plans for house and chickens. It will be so fun for your twins to grow up with chickens..... While you are researching, consider goldsexlinks, (and the other hybrid sexlinks too)--- they are wonderful birds.
Looking forward to seeing you around the forum.

ahhhhh sunny California, and tonight the tomatoes will be killed off here---due to 31-degrees.

frow.gif
AND
welcome-byc.gif
from San Diego! I have 4 EE's. They're great birds. I like the variety of colors in my egg basket. There are several meet ups in so. cal. , a great way to acquire birds.

welcome-byc.gif
from Twentynine Palms in the California high desert. You'll find BYC folks are very friendly and always eager to help. Enjoy!

Make sure you stop by the "Where am I, Where are You" Page and say HI! There are several different California groups!

Back
Top Bottom