Greetings from the Grand Roostapeste Hotel!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by kalimari, May 13, 2016.

1. kalimari

kalimari Out Of The Brooder

Mar 30, 2016
    Bel Air MD
    Hello all! I have been lerking for a bit now and decided it was time to introduce myself. We live on a beautiful small farm on a historic property in maryland. Right now we raise Alpaca chickens and Pocket Beagles. We plan to expand to turkeys,ducks,quail and possibly woodland raised pork this year. Our goal is to convert all aspects of the farm to sustainable practices. We have a large veggie garden and are passionate about saving herritage breeds and with our furred,feathered and fleeced friends improving our soil and creating a compleate and balanced ecosystem for all who live here on the farm. I am a musician/ vocalist, a writer and chef. Everyone here on the farm is an artist of some kind! The love of my life is a composer, guitarist and master Luthier. His mother is a fiber artist and Art teacher. We all work together to keep this dream alive. I'm looking forward to learning more about you all and all your wonderful advice. What a great resource for us with less experiance!
    Kali

2. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Welcome to BYC [​IMG] Glad you joined the flock!

3. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome Kali

Glad you could join us here! Your farm sounds fantastic. Good luck with your expansion plans, I hope they all go smoothly for you. Be sure to ask any questions, everyone here to help and very friendly.

Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

4. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi Kali - great that you have joined us. Good luck with your future plans for your farm.

Best wishes
    CT

5. ChickenLover200

ChickenLover200 Overrun With Chickens

May 10, 2013
    I'll be in the barn!
    :welcome

6. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Very nice to meet you Kali, hope you enjoy Backyard chickens as much as we do.

8. kalimari

kalimari Out Of The Brooder

Mar 30, 2016
    Bel Air MD
    I am sure I am going to love it here! We just picked up two more lavender Orpington chicks today. I will have a lot of questions about sexing them in a few weeks!lol thanks so much everyone for the warm welcome!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by