Greetings From The North Georgia Mountains

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by JurassicChicken, Mar 13, 2017.

1. JurassicChicken

JurassicChicken Out Of The Brooder

Mar 13, 2017
    NE Georgia Mountains
    Hello everyone. I've had backyard chickens for a couple of years now, and have been lurking on this site nearly that long. Currently I have a very small flock of four girls, two Wellsomers and and two Black Javas. I've had other breeds including Barnvelders, Polish, and BRs, but had some predator issues which have now been addressed (although I know predators are a constant threat). Next week I anticipate a delivery from a hatchery, two BRs, two Golden Laced Wyandottes, and two little golden Sebright chicks. I do this for enjoyment, entertainment, and relaxation. And, of course, fresh eggs. [​IMG]

2. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hello, and welcome to the forum! I am fixing to celebrate my first year on here, and I have loved it so much, I hope you will too! There is tons of great info and friendly folks, so pull up a chair and make yourself at home! :frow

~Cuz

3. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join us here! Sorry to hear you had problems with predators in the past :( Its great to hear you now have them sorted and let's hope it stays that way. I always try to be vigilant as I suffered attack also. Good luck with your delivery from the hatchery, those are some lovely breeds.

Enjoy your time here on BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

4. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our community! Glad you have your predator issues under control. If you'd like to chat with some GA poultry folks, find your state thread in the link below and stop by and say howdy: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread
    Best wishes and thanks for joining BYC! [​IMG]

5. N F C

N F C dem crazy bones Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Congrats on your expanding flock!

6. JurassicChicken

JurassicChicken Out Of The Brooder

Mar 13, 2017
    NE Georgia Mountains
    Thank you for the welcome. I've been benefiting from the knowledge here as a "lurker' for some time. Good to finally join.[​IMG]

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Folks on the predator threads may be able to suggest how to best safeguard your flock from predation. Glad you joined us at BYC

8. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under JurassicChicken [​IMG] Welcome!

Sorry to hear about your losses.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

9. eclecktic1

eclecktic1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Hello, I am a newcomer here and to chickens as well. I am also in the Blue Ridge mountains. I look forward to seeing you about the forums.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by