1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Greetings from the Ozarks!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by hippiefeathers, Oct 12, 2016.

1. hippiefeathers

hippiefeathers New Egg

Oct 12, 2016
    Hello all. I came across this group researching my new birds. I have had them for approximately 2 weeks now and what a bunch they are surprisingly interesting little creatures.

2. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! What kind of birds have you started out with? Be sure to ask any questions that you may have, everyone here to help and very friendly.

Enjoy your time here on BYC :frow

3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, hippiefeathers, and :welcome! Happy you joined our community. LOVE your part of the country....bet the colors are getting beautiful there now. The wife and I head down every year for "leaf peeping" as she calls it. As a chicken newbie you might spend some time reading in the Learning Center here https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center
    It will leave you well equipped to handle 99% of what might ever come up with your flock.
    Also, didn't know if you were from AR or MO or just where so if you'd like to chat with locals, find your state's thread here https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you
    Best wishes and enjoy your flock! :)

4. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hello there, and welcome to Backyard chickens! I hope you enjoy it here! redsox gave you some great links to read through as he always does. I am glad you joined us. Have fun!

5. 1cock2hens

1cock2hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2015
    The Far SW of missouri
    Hi neighbor, welcome to byc ^_^

6. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Welcome to BYC! It's great to have you.

7. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome. Hope you will enjoy Backyard chickens as much as we do. [​IMG]

9. hippiefeathers

hippiefeathers New Egg

Oct 12, 2016
    Thank you everyone. I'll post some pics of my birds and their house as we build it. I have a couple I'm not sure what they are, hopefully you will all be able to help me determine

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by