Greetings from the Philadelphia area!

WyncoteChicken

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 12, 2011
Victorian Wyncote
Hello, Backyard Chicken people! I've been lurking for a few weeks now, coming to this forum for wisdom on choosing my chickens and such, and have finally decided to get on and say hi
smile.png

I'm Suzy, and I live in the Philadelphia suburbs with husband, 3 kids (not really kids anymore...my youngest will be a freshman in hs next year!), 2 cats, a wacky irish setter, and a pond full of fish. We're getting our first flock tomorrow (finally!)
wee.gif
and I am completely excited to get started! We'll be keeping the birds solely for eggs, and are excited to have fresh, organic eggs when the chicks are finally grown.

The plan is to have 9 birds: 1 Plymouth Barred Rock, 1 Partridge Rock, 1 Columbian Wyandotte, 1 Welsummer, 1 Speckled Sussex, 2 Ameraucanas, and 2 silkies (1 buff, 1 white. My daughters thought they were so cute, we just had to have them!). All is set to pick them up, except for the Ameraucanas...

Apparently, we got on the waiting list for them too late, and the farm store just called to tell us. The next shipment won't be until May 17, which is a little far off for us since we want to be able to have everyone in together when we leave for a week in June. Will/does anyone have/know where I can find a couple of hatchling Ameraucanas or EEs in the next week or two? I would like 2, but am willing to go 3 for shipping purposes if need be.

Well, that's pretty much all for now...happy to be a part of this community!

~Suzy

Hi Suzy!
frow.gif
welcome from western Kentucky! Glad you decided to join us! This place has LOTS of friendly people, a veritable treasure trove of helpful information, good-natured ribbing, witty banter, and enough topics of interest to keep one engrossed for hours and hours (ask me how I know this ...
big_smile.png
) Pull up a comfy chair and let's get acquainted!
caf.gif
(My nickname among family & close friends is "Suzie" -- I'm Suzanne. Nice to meet you!)

Back
Top Bottom