Greetings from the Upper Penninsula!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by EggcentricMomma, Sep 30, 2011.

1. EggcentricMomma

EggcentricMomma New Egg

Sep 30, 2011
    Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself and my family.... including my eggstended family, hehe. Yeah, I'm sure that's not the first time an egg pun has been used. ;D

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
    I had first gotten chickens a few years ago, but was promptly informed by a neighbor, who also happened to be the very small towns supervisor, that I was to get rid of them. It was such a small town and he and his family had so much pull that he basically made threats that he would make life very difficult for us if we did not follow his direction. So, we got rid of our chicks before they even had the chance to lay an egg. (Go figure, our neighbors across the street had chickens too. [​IMG]) Anywho.... Life changed dramatically and after a divorce, a move, some time alone and now a fresh engagement, my fiance, daughter and I decided to try raising chickens once more. This time we called the township supervisors to be certain we could have them and after an approval, we obtained 8 hens. Three are sex-linked, three are rhode island reds and we also have a silkie blue bantam and a buff/orpington mix that was given to us by a friend.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
    See above! [​IMG]

(3) What breeds do you have?
    See above as well! [​IMG]

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
    I had been on this site quite a few times, looking at pictures, reading the advice and using the resources to determine what to do when we weren't quite sure. It's been a great site full of great information!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
    Well, we all enjoy animals and have the equivalent of a small zoo so that takes up some time, hehe. My fiance' is a college instructor, I am a full time student, my daughter is in the 5th grade so we're always busy doing one thing or another. My little girl enjoys soccer, my fiance' and I both enjoy to sing karaoke, we're all very church involved and do much with them.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
    See above, hehe.... And to expand upon the pets, we have 2 dogs, 4 cats, 2 ferrets, 1 guinea pig, 1 bunny rabbit, 1 love bird, 1 goldfish and a partridge in a pear tree. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG] [​IMG] from WA. glad you joined us [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    [​IMG] Check out those smiles!

4. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

5. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC. Nice Black Stars.

6. TheJuan-n-Only

TheJuan-n-Only Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2010
    Tampa
    Welcom from Tampa FLA.....my wife is from MI too..

7. ChickensXOXO

ChickensXOXO Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2011
    The Carolinas
    [​IMG]

8. Luckytaz

Luckytaz Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2010
    Rogers, Mn.
    Welcome, from Minnesota.

9. Stacykins

Stacykins Overrun With Chickens

Jan 19, 2011
    Escanaba, MI
    Hallo! Always good to see another Yooper! Welcome to BYC!

If you want to get in touch with more Michiganders, both Trolls and Yoopers, we have a very active thread in the "Where Are You?" part of the forum!

10. CrestedGirl

CrestedGirl Polish Obsessed

Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Worth, Tx
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] From North Texas

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by