Greetings from Tijeras, New Mexico

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Yolkmountain, Aug 27, 2010.

1. Yolkmountain

Yolkmountain Out Of The Brooder

Aug 26, 2010
    Tijeras, New Mexico
    (1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? I am new to chickens and got my first day old chicks in April 2010

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? I have 15 chickens, 2 of them are roos

(3) What breeds do you have? I have Buff Orpingtons, Rhode Island Red, White Leghorns, Easter Eggers, and Barred Rocks.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com? a lucky internet search find! So much info!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? I spend most of my time on a mountain top surrounded by national forest. I love to read, sew, crochet, knit, and on the flip side I also drive a semi and help with maintaining it.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. I am the mom of a grown daughter who has flown the coop and is doing well. I am very proud of her. I live with my bf of 7 years, am loving life and try very hard to spread a little sunshine.

2. RedRoosterFarm

RedRoosterFarm **LOVE MY SERAMAS**

Mar 25, 2010
    Eatonville, Washington
    Hey its nice to have you. You will love this site. Its great info and good people.

3. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Welcome from Southern NM

4. Gallo del Cielo

Gallo del Cielo La Gallina Resort & Spa

May 6, 2010
    Tucson
    My Coop
    Greetings fellow Southwesterner! [​IMG]

5. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    [​IMG]

6. CibolaChooks

CibolaChooks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2012
    albuquerque nm
    ill play

1. new as of 2012
    2. 80 plus chickens lol.
    3. 40 Ameraucana Blue wheaten , wheaten, black , blue , lavender. 12 cream legbars. 2 roos 5 hens and 5 babies, with 22 set to hatch today. I have some RIW hens RIR rooster. A quad of barred cochin. some EE and the new chicks as of this week. white crested polish and some crevecoeurs . I also have some silkies and Blue laced red wayandotte. and im raising my F1 lavender cochin project.
    4. lucky search also. although most searches come up with a byc link
    5 and 6. I also spend most of my day surrounded by cibola national forest listening to the birds flying around and the wind blowing. I used to have allot of hobbies but now its mostly chickens. I also raise Nigerian goats and i have one bee hive. As of right now im just building my homestead and a second homestead for my parents on their land. Nothing but hard work for me working towards a dream. [​IMG]

7. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Yolkmountain and [​IMG]! Great to have you aboard! Sounds like you live in a beautiful place. Hope chickens add to the enjoyment of it! Good luck and best wishes!!

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

9. CibolaChooks

CibolaChooks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2012
    albuquerque nm
    To bad this thread isnt more active

10. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! Happy you joined us today! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by