Greetings from Upstate New York

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by FollyFarms, Apr 20, 2017.

1. FollyFarms

FollyFarms New Egg

Apr 20, 2017
    Hi my wife and I live on 27 acres in the Fingerlakes region of Upstate New York. We currently let or neighbor (who is an actual farmer ;)) use 25 acres for hay and corn. My wife's friend started keeping chickens a year ago and has had great success. So to make along story short I'm planning our first coop:p. I enjoy this forum very much and have been "lurking " in the background for a while getting ideas for my eventual coop build. Now we have joined and hope to share our experiences in the near future. We would like to say in advance thank you for any help or guidance you can provide in the future as weare definitely newbies.:fl

2. Spookwriter

Spookwriter Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Ohio
    The Fingerlakes ? That's some of the prettiest land in New York.

And the picture you posted? Is that you? What year is the old pickup?

Spook, who likes his old trucks.

3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, FollyFarms, and [​IMG]! Great to have you in our community! Glad you took a foray into the wonderful world of chicken keeping. If you would like to pick up some valuable info on all things poultry, please read some of the articles in the Learning Center: https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center
    And you can chat with fellow NY poultry folks in your state thread in this link: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread
    Best wishes and thank you for joining BYC!

4. FollyFarms

FollyFarms New Egg

Apr 20, 2017
    Thank you it is beautiful here. No that's an old picture of John Wayne I really like [​IMG]

5. FollyFarms

FollyFarms New Egg

Apr 20, 2017
    Thank you very much looking forward to posting my coop and maybe the build. I really appreciate the links [​IMG]

6. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under FollyFarms [​IMG] Welcome!

As you have already received links to some good starting points, I will just wish you all the best.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock when they arrive, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Thank you for joining us at Backyard chickens. Hope you will enjoy it as much as we do. [​IMG]

8. FollyFarms

FollyFarms New Egg

Apr 20, 2017
    [​IMG][/IMG]

Well we have started our Journey . 2 straight run Silkies, 2 Black Sex Links, and 2 ISA Browns...
    I had better get started on that coop [​IMG]

9. FollyFarms

FollyFarms New Egg

Apr 20, 2017
    [​IMG]

Oh by the way the Browns and Blacks are females

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by