Greetings from Walters, OK.

Tyrannogallus

Hatching
Mar 10, 2017
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Extremely. A friend of mine was moving into town and couldn't take his chickens and ducks, so I have adopted them. That was about 2 weeks ago.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
4 Chickens and 1 Duck

(3) What breeds do you have?
I am pretty sure 3 black sexlinks and 1 foghorn. I have no idea what the duck is. She's just a friendly companion.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
Every answer for every question that I googled in reference to raising chickens brought me to this here website.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Photography, motorcycles, hunting, computers, and everything family related. Also active in Freemasonry.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I have a wonderful wife, energetic 3 year old daughter, and growing 6 month old boy. We have a miniature dachshund who wants desperately for the chickens to accept her as a playmate.

I'm here to learn as much as I can about raising chickens to lay eggs, as that is my favorite breakfast food. Well, that was my first inclination. I have found myself sitting in the yard with them just enjoying watching them eat, play in dirt, or stand before me arguing for more mealworms. In a way, they are stress relieving in the same manner as fish swimming in a tank are.

We call it "chicken tv," live action, no reruns, no cable or satellite bills and definitely a stress reducer. Welcome to the Backyard chickens flock. Hope you will enjoy it as much as we do.

Welcome to BYC - so glad you've joined us!
Sounds like you have jumped headlong into this new adventure. There is something wonderful about chickens and children, this is a great family hobby.

Greetings from Kansas and
welcome-byc.gif
! Pleased you joined our community! BYC is here to help should you have questions about your flock! Best wishes and thanks for joining!
wee.gif

welcome-byc.gif

Nice of you to adopt your friend's flock, I hope you & your family enjoy them!

P.S. Just to clarify one little thing...your bird would be a Leghorn...not to be confused with this guy

Hello, and welcome to Backyard chickens! I am so glad that you joined us, and I hope you will make yourself at home here and enjoy it as much as I have! :frow

~Cuz

Back
Top Bottom