1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Greetings from West Palm Beach, FL!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by CitytoFlFarm, Sep 1, 2013.

1. CitytoFlFarm

CitytoFlFarm New Egg

Sep 1, 2013
    I joined this group in hopes of getting some advice. We have 2 chickens, 7 months old. They both have been laying for a while now. Last week all eggs stopped! I go out each day to check and nothing. One of them has started to get a little aggressive and flys at me if I check in the box. It's been 6 days since I've had an egg. I think it's odd that both would stop laying. Any advice on what might have caused this and how I fix it???

2. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    [​IMG]

3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas and [​IMG]! Great to have you with us! A couple of questions about your hens: have they recently experienced some sort of change...adding new birds, a new coop, a big scare? That can influence laying. Also, do they free range? Sometimes when it is hot my birds will lay in cool, dark, shady places like under shrubs, etc. Parasites can also reduce or even stop laying. You might consider posting in the link below for other ideas. Good luck to you!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/18/chicken-behaviors-and-egglaying

4. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    [​IMG] Welcome to BYC.

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG] Are your hens staying in the nest box? I am wondering if they are going broody. The one flying at you may be an over zealous broody to be! Broodies can be fiercely protective of their nest. When hens decide to go broody, they will try to hatch rocks, golf balls or even nothing all. If they seem healthy this may be a reason.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by