Greetings from Western Massachusetts

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by celticmomma, Mar 30, 2012.

1. celticmomma

celticmomma Out Of The Brooder

Mar 30, 2012
    Western MA
    Hi y'all. I am 19 and live on the border or Western and Central MA. I am a first time chicken "mom" I bought six straight run Columbian Rock chickens from Tractor Supply last Saturday (24/3/2012). They are aprox. 3 weeks old now. I heard about this site through one of the other customers at TS that I ended up in a conversation with. I would like to eventually get some other breeds of chickens, not sure what yet - am interested more in egg production versus raising them for meat.
    Other facts about me, I am a stay at home mom, with my 1 year old daughter as well as a part time student. Other than the chicks we currently have two indoor cats. I would like to get goats in the near future as well.

2. All Henned Up

All Henned Up Muffs or Tufts

[​IMG] you go girl. be carefull chicken math might get to you.LOL

3. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    Hi and :welcome from Ohio. So glad you joined. Congrats on your chicks. :thumbsup

4. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

5. celticmomma

Mar 30, 2012
    Western MA
    Lol, I'm sure it will soon enough! My mother who was originally not too pleased with the prospect of chicks in the house is already talking about hatching the eggs if we end up with at least one rooster from the six we have already!

6. Aeropennchick

Aeropennchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2012
    Southern PA
    Welcome! Good luck with your chicks! There has been lots of bad press about chicks from tractor supply, but I got mine two weeks ago from the one by our house and they are doing great - growing like weeds and very friendly :) If your TSC pointed you toward this forum, they probably were one of the good ones [​IMG]

7. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

8. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    Welcome from Louisiana! [​IMG]

9. celticmomma

Mar 30, 2012
    Western MA
    It's a fairly new store, been there maybe a year? We live in a small town, there are a lot of farms around. So one way or another both employees and customers end up getting a lot good info! Glad your are doing well! Other than a slightly pasted up bum on one of mine which was resolved all of mine are growing fast. [​IMG]

10. greymane

greymane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Snyder County, PA
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by