Greetings from Wyoming!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Qrow, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Qrow

Qrow New Egg

Apr 5, 2016
    Wyoming.
    Hello there, my name is Benedict! I do not own any chickens, however I own a German Malamute Named Naomi, and a kitten named Guenhwyvar, but her nickname is Ragdoll, she loves getting attention! I had considered getting either chickens or ducks for a long time, but I decided to wait because I don't feel I could give them a good home right now. So I would rather get some when I have more time on my hands, I don't want them to be just another chore. I also want to start learning more about them, so I will probably be lurking in threads more often, but I hope to meet all the wonderful people here and to make some new friends!

2. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi Benedict and welcome to BYC. I hope that the site helps you prepare for keeping chickens / ducks.

The Learning Centre is a great resource. https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Joining your state thread may be useful as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - just type the name of your state in the search box.

All the best
    CT

3. Qrow

Qrow New Egg

Apr 5, 2016
    Wyoming.
    Thank you CTKen, ill check those out, have a nice day!

4. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    You are most welcome :thumbsup

5. Hello! There's lots of info on here! I got started by typing a few keywords into the search bar and reading older threads that already had answers to my questions. You can do that, post your own questions, or read member articles.

There's also a magazine many of us like, called backyard poultry. You can pick up just one or two that interest you at some feed stores or Tractor Supply or Lowes. I assume you could also buy a subscription, but you'll have to google that. I know they have a Facebook, and that's what I look at. BYC has one too!

Lots of resources! Enjoy learning about them!

6. Incidentally, do you happen to live near Jackson Hole, WY? I've seen photos of the mountains from my husband's trip. Beautiful!

7. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Hi Benedict, it's nice to have you here!

Good for you on learning as much about the birds before you actually get some. That homework will pay off once you do start up a flock.

WY has a state thread you might enjoy. Just put Wyoming in the search box and your state thread should pop up.

Have fun!

8. NewHopePoultry

NewHopePoultry Overrun With Chickens

Apr 9, 2007
    Troy,Missouri
    Hello & :welcome from Missouri :frow

9. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Hi Benedict, very nice to meet you. Glad you joined the Backyard chickens flock.

10. Qrow

Qrow New Egg

Apr 5, 2016
    Wyoming.
    No, I do not live near Jackson Hole, but I have visited a few times.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by