Greetings my BYC Peoples!

DirtyDiesel06066

Hatching
May 24, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to chickens but have always had the interest of having a few in my backyard for food, and insect/bug control. I'm located in 06066 (Vernon, CT). I managed to find BYC by first seeing if I could find info on whether I can even have chickens where I am at. (which for what I've read so far is that it's a bit of a gray area). Then if I am I would be interested in learning about different breeds, where do I find healthy chicks, as well as building a coop.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Yes I am new to chicken, and atm I do not have any..

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

(3) What breeds do you have?
None

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
Good olé friend GOOGLE. While looking up if I am able to have chickens where I am living.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Hiking, fishing, sleeping(really good at that), camping, Nature, dirt biking, Volkswagens!, 3d printing, computers, creating my own electronics, and clean energy / energy efficiency.

Hello and welcome to BYC - thanks for joining us.

On this link you'll find lots of information on almost every aspect of keeping birds - from coop building ideas, to incubating eggs - https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/

There’s a link on the page above to the Learning Centre - it’s a great resource. If you have a specific topic in mind, just type it in the search box - there's a wealth of information on past and present threads.

Each week, various topics are discussed, which can also be a great resource - https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/topic-of-the-week-thread-archive

You can use this link to contact members in your area - Find Your State Thread

Best wishes

Pork Pie

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to chickens but have always had the interest of having a few in my backyard for food, and insect/bug control. I'm located in 06066 (Vernon, CT). I managed to find BYC by first seeing if I could find info on whether I can even have chickens where I am at. (which for what I've read so far is that it's a bit of a gray area). Then if I am I would be interested in learning about different breeds, where do I find healthy chicks, as well as building a coop.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Yes I am new to chicken, and atm I do not have any..

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

(3) What breeds do you have?
None

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
Good olé friend GOOGLE. While looking up if I am able to have chickens where I am living.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Hiking, fishing, sleeping(really good at that), camping, Nature, dirt biking, Volkswagens!, 3d printing, computers, creating my own electronics, and clean energy / energy efficiency.
:welcome

Back
Top Bottom