Greetings! New member from east central Indiana

LoraannIN

Chirping
7 Years
Jun 3, 2012
Jonesboro, Indiana
1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? Yes!! I have been interested in keeping a flock for a few years now. So this spring I read the "Chic Days"- Jenna Woginrich. And purchased red pullets from my local Tractor Supply, in March of this year.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? 6

(3) What breeds do you have? They appear to be Rhode Island Red

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com? From the book I read, and from the YouTube community

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Gardening, walking, photography, other homesteading things

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I have three grown children Son (married with my first grandson), a daughter next, and my youngest son set to graduate next Sunday! We have a mixed up little mutt, but a great dog, named Tony. We had a Siamese for 19 years, she recently passed on. I have worked in a Optical office for the last 10 years. Have a great day~~

Hello and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Hello and :welcome

Great to have you on board! You can post a pic of your chickens and see what everyone else here thinks. We got told our chickens were NHR by the feed store, they turned out to be red star which I found out from BYC. :p

Tell your son congrats for Sunday!!!

Don't hesitate to ask any questions you might have, and enjoy the site. :D

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! I have posted some pictures of the ladies. Do they look like Rhode Island's? They are roughly 13 weeks old now.

Back
Top Bottom