Greetings! New member from Treasure Valley

Amy Chickie

In the Brooder
8 Years
Mar 19, 2011
Greetings! My name is Amy Chickie, I'm originally from the SF Bay Area (Napa Valley) and moved a few years ago to the Boise, Idaho area (Treasure Valley).

I copied and pasted the New Member template and added my answers to the questions:

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I'm fairly new to chickens. When I was a kid I spent some summers on my aunt's farm where we had chickens and I really loved them. Last summer my family and I joined the backyard chicken revival.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
Right now we have just one 9 month old pullet, the other one died a couple of weeks ago due to a mycotoxin associated with peanuts, the previous homeowner fed peanuts to the squirrels so there are huge stashes of them all over the yard. We're in the process of cleaning them up to protect our girl and our future chicknes. I need advice which is my reason for joining right now, should I post a separate topic for that? [EDIT: Nevermind, already posted it]

(3) What breeds do you have?
We have a Buff Orpington and we want to get more. We're also interested in adopting black Australorps, and possibly an Aracauna or Amerucana, and perhaps a silver Wyandotte.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
Search engine while researching backyard chicken care before adopting last year.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Organic gardening, photography, pottery/ceramics, hot air ballooning.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
Hubby and two sons ages 13 and 11. Two cats, Sparkie and Casey who are scared of the chickens. I'm involved in our family's restaurant.

Last edited:
Hello and
welcome-byc.gif
from Hawaii!

Thank you all for your greetings!
big_smile.png

I got the answer about the peanuts from the veterinarian, but I did post the question about new chicks in the appropriate forum
cool.png

Back
Top Bottom