Greetings & Thank You All

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by chant, Jan 18, 2016.

1. chant

chant Out Of The Brooder

Jan 16, 2016
    N. FL. USA
    Hello everyone,

We got chickens for the 1st time, about this time, 2 yrs ago and I've been a wall flower on this site ever since. I figured it's time to join. This is my 1st post and I would just like to say Hello. And, a huge Thank You to you all for helping, caring, and sharing. I'm tremendously appreciative to the people who put this site together for everyone as well. [​IMG]

~chant

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Welcome to BYC, and glad that you have decided to become active in our community.

1 person likes this.
  3. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join us here! Many of us were lurkers before joining, I was one for a couple of years.
    What breed/s do you have? Be sure to ask any questions that you may have, everyone here to help and very friendly.

Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

1 person likes this.
  4. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

Hello!
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to joined the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC.

1 person likes this.
  5. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

1 person likes this.
  6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to the Backyard chickens community. I lurked for 8 mos. before I joined, mainly because I could barely use a computer.

1 person likes this.
  7. N F C

N F C dem crazy bones Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Glad to hear BYC has been helpful to you and that you're going to be an active member now!

1 person likes this.
  8. chant

chant Out Of The Brooder

Jan 16, 2016
    N. FL. USA
    Thank you! Currently we have: hens- White Rocks, Partridge Chanticleers, a buttercup, and blue footed Bresse, and a blue footed Bresse rooster. I have ordered more male and female Partridge Chanticleer chicks that will be here next month. I am leaning towards going all Chanticleer as I am very particial to them for reasons I don't understand myself :) We've only started raising chickens about 2 yrs now. It was more out of nessesity because store bought eggs were making me sick (they came up as soon I ate them). So we dont buy chicken or eggs anymore, and we get to watch chickenTV.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by