Greetings to everyone!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by GreatGranny, Jan 16, 2018.

1. GreatGranny

GreatGranny Out Of The Brooder

Mar 2, 2017
    Hello to everyone here at BackYard Chickens from the lovely little town of Hanceville in Northern Alabama, where it is snowing right now! :) I am not new here and I have been a member for over a year but I have been learning from all of your posts, in the background! As far as posting and asking questions I was not ready to come forward until now, now that we are starting to plan our coop and get ready for our "peeps" ("biddies" as my grandmother called them), in the spring!

During the past two years my hubby and I, along with our two teen grandchildren, have worked to sell our contemporary home in the "burbs" so that we can own some acreage and get back to real life in the country! We have a much older "country" home now and my dream has been to once again raise chickens! It has been years though and it seems that much has changed in the process. My hubby has never been around live chickens (just parrots and doves) so this is a first for him! Needless to say, we are both very excited to get started with the process!

We have a 2-year-old mini Austrailian Shepard named Lucy but her mini size rivals that of a border collie! We also have a Siamese cat named Sammy who has been with the family for 8 years now.

I chose this site over all others because it has a wealth of information, and over the past year has helped me and my hubby realize just exactly what we are getting in to!! lol! I am sure I will have a lot of questions as we prepare for, and grow with our brood!

"Thank you" to everyone here, and finally, Hello! :)

2. Welshies

Welshies Overrun With Chickens

May 8, 2016
    Alberta, Canada
    Welcome to BYC!

3. Chicken Whisper101

Chicken Whisper101 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2018
    Monks Corner SC
    Welcome to BYC:welcome

4. nanasacres

nanasacres Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 25, 2015
    CentralFL
    Welcome to BYC!

5. nanasacres

nanasacres Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 25, 2015
    CentralFL
    Welcome to BYC from NanasAcres! Starting our homestead late, but very excited. Happy to meet you & blessings.

6. SA&P

SA&P Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2018
    Cumbria, UK
    Greetings from Cumbria in the UK
    :welcome

I’m not ready to move to my final home yet but as we have a small garden I have two hens and a rooster, all Silkies :frow

7. ronott1

ronott1 Daily Digest Guru Premium Member Project Manager

Mar 31, 2011
    Woodland, California
    My Coop
    Welcome Wagon.gif

Thanks for the introduction!

Chickens have not really changed. You will remember how to take car of them quickly.

8. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    :welcome

How nice you'll be able to raise chickens again!

If you would like to chat with other members in AL, you can find your state thread by clicking on this link:Alabama

Thanks for joining us!

9. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Welcome to BYC, and congratulations on the move back to the country. Snowing in Alabama ? That's just not right. Supposed to start here about 4 PM and run through noon tomorrow.

10. Hen Pen Jem

Hen Pen Jem Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2017
    Southern California
    chicken and parrot welcome.jpg

Greetings, GreatGranny! Birds are beautiful! Parrots are a lot like roosters...their bite packs a wallop! I am looking forward to hearing about your chicken, parrot, and dove, country adventures! :pop

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by