Greetings ya'll from south Louisiana....

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by cajunfarmer, Jun 23, 2017.

1. cajunfarmer

cajunfarmer In the Brooder

Jun 23, 2017
    So I have been reading many posts here and have not joined until today.

I live a bit north of Baton Rouge and I have some land with a pond and a nine year old so we decided we would start a small farm.

I have 13 chickens and 11 ducks. My chickens are three Barred Rocks , two Rhode Island Reds, 2 Red Stars, and six white Leghorns. I have 5 white Peking ducks and I am not sure what the rest are since I got them at the local feed store. But I think they are 2 Swedish, 1 Rouen and the other 3 I am really unsure about.

I also have a large garden where I raise vegetables and flowers and herbs.

I have about 6.5 acres and a huge pond and I have made houses for the chickens and the ducks. They are kept separately. The chickens have a huge yard with just a chain link fence and no covering on top. The ducks have a big house and are free to roam where they please.

I have not been at this very long and these are my first birds. I have been gardening for some time and I have been living here for years and have had time to watch what other animals living here and around my land.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
    Hybridchucks likes this.
  2. Hybridchucks

Hybridchucks Queen Of The Coop

Jul 13, 2016
    Burdsville
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC!
    @CTKen will no doubt give you a proper welcome! ;)

3. Hybridchucks

Jul 13, 2016
    Burdsville
    My Coop
    if you post pics of the birds you cant identify....someone on here till know! :)

4. cajunfarmer

Jun 23, 2017
    Thank you so much, I will get right on that.

Hybridchucks likes this.
  5. Hybridchucks

Jul 13, 2016
    Burdsville
    My Coop
    great! xx i cant wait! :D

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years.

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to Backyard chickens. You can post photos at "what breed or gender is this," and they will sort them out for you.

cajunfarmer likes this.
  7. cajunfarmer

Jun 23, 2017
    I am working on getting great pictures. I have so many that do not always make sense. I have several videos. Some are just adorable. Can those be posted too?

After doing a lot of reading on here I also adjusted my description as to what kind of birds I have. Ya'll are so smart and have been doing this so long. I hope I am as good one day!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: