Greetings!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by heatherraye, Mar 18, 2013.

1. heatherraye

heatherraye New Egg

Mar 18, 2013
    Hey! My husband and I just finished our coop this weekend. And the chickens will be here on tuesday! We are very excited to get started! We managed to spend NOTHING on the coop. The structure and fence were already standing from a previous owner. We cleaned it up and re-roofed using leftover materials from our house roof. Even around the fence for reinforcement from digging predators we were able to scrounge up enough large stones from other areas on our property. Yay for resourcefulness!

I'm still looking into a better option for feed than what is available in our area. I'm not wanting to stay with purina, but its our only options at the moment. Hopefully after some pricing and research I will be able to go more organic or at least less processed and more whole grain, etc. Any tips and sources for feed would be appreciated!

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]search for your state thread on the "Where am I, Where are you forum) you may be able to find others around your locale and they would know who has the different foods, etc. for sale.

3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, heatherraye, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined us! That is really a great looking coop - the fact that it cost you nothing makes it even sweeter!! Best of luck in your search for a different chicken food! Have fun and enjoy your chickies tomorrow!

4. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Welcome to BYC!! [​IMG] Glad you joined us!! [​IMG]

5. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

6. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Good luck when you get those chicks - welcome to BYC.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by